Buyer Position, Jacksboro, TN.
Reports to the Director of Purchasing
Are you searching for an organization that has a wealth of growth, tough minded and willing to go the extra mile to be the best! If so, SignResource Identity Group, Royston, and Hamilton Laboratory Solutions are all now part of the Royston Group. SignResource and Royston are the leaders in exterior and interior store environments, respectively, and can deliver complete identity and equipment solutions through their strategically aligned, complementary products and services.
SignResource is the premier full-service manufacturer of signage and identity solutions and the U.S. leader in LED applications for corporate identification programs. For over 50 years, SignResource has served its national and regional clients from coast to coast. SignResource headquartered in Maywood, CA.
We offer a wide variety of signage products and services for the most challenging branding programs. Our success is validated by our long-term clients and award-winning results.
Key Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Reviews requests for assigned materials, parts and/or services and verifies specifications.
- Sources components or services and ensures timely preparation and communication of RFQ (Request for Quote).
- Corresponds with or interviews approved suppliers to obtain price, specifications and delivery information. Analyzes and evaluates bids to determine optimum value.
- Negotiates price, quality and delivery, and terms, selects supplier and places purchase orders while assuring compliance to local and Corporate Operating Procedures and Ethical Code of Conduct.
- Expedites delivery of items by contacting vendors and shippers to ensure that merchandise, supplies and equipment are forwarded on specified shipping date.
- Assists other departments with problem resolution involving discrepancies between purchase order, delivered quantity, quality and/or price.
- Works with operations and quality to establish product integrity, performance and delivery measures to be used in evaluating supplier performance in assigned area.
Knowledge & Skills
A minimum of 1 year of procurement experience with a working knowledge of procurement methods, procedures and processes. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- PC proficiency with MS Office applications and advanced knowledge of Excel for research and spreadsheet analysis. Experience with Requisition / Procurement systems.
- Specialist knowledge of at least one area of purchasing, inventory control and/or supply management and general knowledge of several areas. Working knowledge of assigned commodity group(s).
- Solid understanding of economic factors affecting the company’s business.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary is commensurate with experience. This position is available now! Submit your resume for thorough consideration. If you meet the criteria above, you will be contacted for a confidential interview.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.