Cost Accountant, Knoxville, TN
Exempt Position, reports to the Controller
Are you searching for an organization that has a wealth of growth, tough minded and willing to go the extra mile to be the best? If so, welcome to the Organization, which brings under one umbrella a group of industry leading brands.
The Cost Accountant works closely with the Operations and in oversight and guidance of plant manufacturing results. This includes the implementation of plant controls, inventory reporting and optimization, costing analysis, plant management reporting, analysis of productivity initiatives and acting as the primary interface with external financial auditors.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Inventory cost accounting, including accuracy of inventory quantities and costs; also assist plant management in managing physical inventory efficiently
- Develops and improves internal processes related to Costing and Financial reporting. Works with team to develop annual production plan and cost standards
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies, including maintenance of internal controls and process documentation
- Analyze profitability and productivity drivers and work with plant management to maximize profit and return on assets. Partners with Plant Manager of site to provide pertinent data to establish Operational and Financial goal alignment and drive towards results
- Perform month-end reconciliation and account closing processes
- Prepares ad-hoc financial reports and analyses as requested.
- Monitor expenses and variances to business plan; recommend improvements
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures to ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Position requires minimal travel to multiple facilities as needed
- Strong ERP / Accounting information systems background.
- Experience supporting plant operations in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of trust; capable of handling sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to work independently and meet multiple competing deadlines
- Fosters open communication; listens and responds to input and concerns expressed by others.
- Proven and measurable results towards continuous improvements and a consistent progression in roles and responsibilities
Required Education and Experience
B.S. in Accounting or Finance. At least 5-10 years of experience as a Cost Accountant in a Manufacturing environment. CPA or CMA certification preferred or commitment to certification.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary is commensurate with experience. This position is available now! Submit your resume for thorough consideration. If you meet the criteria above, you will be contacted for a confidential interview.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.