Fabrication Supervisor, Hamilton Laboratory Solutions, Manitowoc, WI
Reports to – Plant Manager
Are you searching for an organization that has a wealth of growth, tough minded and willing to go the extra mile to be the best! If so, welcome to the new Royston Group, which brings under one umbrella a trio of industry leaders in the outfitting of retail, laboratory environments and in the production of exterior store signage!
This position is an integral part of the Hamilton Lab Solutions Operations Team that thrives in a custom, high mix, JIT environment. Candidate will have a strong background in metal-working purchasing, manufacturing and supply chain management.
The Fabrication (Fab) Supervisor is responsible for managing and directing the sheet metal manufacturing processes in Building 1. Strong process knowledge of Laser Cutting, Forming and Welding will facilitate improved fabrication performance. The successful individual will be accountable for developing, communicating and deploying effective operational strategies that ensure location safety, productivity, quality, as well as key financial and employee engagement goals. The Fab Supervisor will guide a team of Leads and hourly personnel to meet or exceed operational goals. In addition, this key leader will be responsible for the following:
- Build and leverage employee engagement to maximize the safe and efficient production of sheet metal customizations.
- Delegate and coordinate assignments to Leads and assist as necessary to effectively utilize staff, equipment, and materials to maintain varied production schedules, efficient workmanship and maintenance of machinery.
- Plan, assign and direct work, appraise performance, reward and discipline performance and address complaints and resolve problems for all plant employees.
- Using lean manufacturing improve processes, procedures and equipment to reduce or eliminate waste and potential safety hazards. Deal directly with incidents or issues to resolve in a timely manner.
- Support and adhere to budget requirements and sales goals.
- Use ERP system to quantify and qualify overall production operations and provide key reporting indicators.
- Interface with Plant Manager, Sales and Engineering to identify and solve production issues.
- Manage and direct the processing of raw and manufactured materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, with at least 5 years in a supervisory experience in a Manufacturing environment (plant leadership) role.
- Sheet Metal manufacturing processes and material knowledge is highly beneficial
- Knowledge and experience in applying lean and quality manufacturing systems.
- Proven ability to drive excellence and create effective change.
- Strong organizational skills with superior communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, employees, customers and vendors.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary is commensurate with experience. This position is available now! Submit your resume for thorough consideration. If you meet the criteria above, you will be contacted for a confidential interview.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.